JUMP TO RECIPE
These healthy homemade gummies make a great healthy snack or treat. You’ll impress anyone you serve them to, adults and kids alike. The best part is how you’ll be healing your gut while you’re indulging your taste buds.
What Is A Healthy Alternative To Gummy Bears?
Look no further! These naturally sweet, fruity homemade gummies are practically fat-free, refined sugar-free, and low in carbs. They’re an ideal alternative to sugary bad-for-you gummy bears. They’re also great if you’re following a restrictive diet, such as:
What Are The Benefits Of Gelatin?
Not only are they delicious, but the gelatin used to make them has a whole host of health benefits.
- Hair, skin, nail support
- Digestive support
- Hormone balancing
- Bone and muscle maintenance
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Cellulite reduction
- Anti-ageing properties.
Do You Need A Special Mold?
Gummy bear Molds are easy to buy online. You can buy them through amazon. You could also improvise and use a baking tray or ice-cube tray and settle for block shapes. It’s not as easy without the stick-free gelatin mold.
How Do You Get Gummy Bears Out Of The Mold?
This was a trick I learnt the hard way. I lost plenty of gummies before I realized how to stop them from sticking to the mold. If you lightly grease the mold with coconut oil first, the gummies will slip right out when fully set.
Can These Homemade Gummies Mold?
Yes, these gummies will grow mold or go moldy in about three days if not refrigerated immediately. It’s actually a good thing, as it’s a sign that your gummies are made with fresh, natural ingredients, and no preservatives are present.
Do homemade gummies need to be refrigerated?
If you store the gummies in the fridge, they should stay edible for up to two weeks.
Can You Make Homemade Gummies Vegan?
luckily you can. There’s a gelatin substitute called agar agar. It comes from an algae source, making it a suitable plant-based alternative to regular gelatin. You should be able to find it in Asian grocery outlets.
1 hour 20 min
- Calories: 20 Calories
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
Amounts per serving:
- Protein 6g 24% 24%
- Carbohydrates 7g 30% 30%
- of Which Sugar is 1g 1% 1%
- Fiber 2g 7% 7%
- Fat 10g 38% 38%
Peach And Naartjie Homemade Gummies Recipe
- Gelatin Mold
- 3 10g Packet gelatin or 30g loose gelatin powder
- 2 Whole Peaches
- 2 Whole Naartjies
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Squeeze lemon juice
- Open three sachets of gelatin and place it in a bowl and cover with enough water to dissolve. Let this sit for a few minutes to ‘bloom.’
- Remove all pips from the fruit used. Blend using a blender, smoothie maker, or masticater. The juice should be as smooth as possible when done. Sieve the liquid to remove skins and pulp.
- Place the fruit juice in a pot and heat over the stove on low or heat in the microwave until warm. Break up the pieces of solidified gelatin and stir into the heated juice mixture and stir continuously until all the gelatin has melted into the juice. Add in extra flavors at this point, if desired (a squirt of lemon or vanilla essence).
- Lightly grease the silicone mold with coconut oil to ensure gummies don’t get stuck or break up when removing from the mold, then fill the silicone mold with the fruit juice blend using the dropper provided. Suppose you don’t have this mold; try using an ice tray. Work quickly before the mixture solidifies and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. If you don’t let it set long enough, the mold won’t release the gummies properly.
- Pop the gummies out of the mold and into a container where they can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Homemade Sour Gummies
Naturally made sour with lemons and tart yellow plums. These Homemade Sour Gummies are zesty and guaranteed to give you a sour kick.
Sour Gummies To Treat Low Stomach Acid
Sour Gummies are a great way to get your stomach juices going and increase your stomach acid levels. This, in turn, helps with digestion.
If you’re interested in learning about the effects of low stomach acid, read my article on Struggling with Hiatus Hernia Pain? Completely Cure Your Acid Reflux. It’s incredible to think that 90% of us actually suffer from low stomach acid- and how this causes reflux.
Sour Gummies Recipe
- Gelatin Mold
- 3 10g gelatin sachets
- 2 whole lemons
- 2 whole yellow plums
- 2 twigs rosemary
- Prepare the GelatinOpen all three sachets of gelatin and place in a bowl and cover with enough water to dissolve, then let it sit for a few minutes so that the gelatin can 'bloom.'
- Prepare the FruitPlace all the ingredients together in a pot (with lid) on the stove and heat on low.
- Combine fruit and GelatinAdd the gelatin to the softened fruit and dissolve in. Stir to break up the fruit.
- Sieve to Remove Unwanted BitsPass the ingredients through a sieve to remove the stones and rosemary, and excess fiber. If the mixture appears too thick, add some water to thin it out.
- Set and StoreLightly grease the silicone mold with coconut oil to ensure gummies don't get stuck or break up when removing from the mold, then fill the silicone mold with the fruit juice blend using the dropper provided. Work quickly before the mixture solidifies (about 2 hours). If you don't let it set long enough, the mold won't release the gummies properly.