JUMP TO RECIPE
This recipe is super easy to follow, and the baking time is short of 10 minutes!
You no longer have to feel guilty when eating one or two cookies and ending up eating the whole bunch!
Who Can Eat Gluten-Free Choc Chip Cookies?
These delicious almond-flour choc chip cookies are not only gluten and dairy-free but low in carbs and sugar. This makes them vegan, paleo, whole30, and all-around good for you. If you have digestive issues or diabetes or are on a weight-loss journey, these would be ideal for you.
Almond flour gives these cookies a bit more texture. Since they absorb a lot more moisture, you’ll need to add enough liquid to prevent them from being too dry.
- Calories: 74 Calories
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 8g
- Sugar: 7g
Amounts per serving:
- Protein 6g 24% 24%
- Carbohydrates 7g 30% 30%
- of Which Sugar is 1g 1% 1%
- Fiber 2g 7% 7%
- Fat 10g 38% 38%
74 per serving
Gluten-Free Choc Chip Cookies Recipe
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp Solid coconut oil (3 spoons if liquid).
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 handful dark chocolate pieces
- 3 tbsp almond milk or water add more if mixture is too dry.
- Prepare the OvenPreheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all Wet IngredientsSlightly melt the coconut oil and beat into the maple syrup/honey. Pour this mixture into the remaining two wet ingredients, egg and vanilla essence. stir well to combine
- Combine Wet and Dry IngredientsFirst, combine all the dry ingredients and then mix this into the wet ingredients
- Add in the Chocolate PiecesMix in about 80% of the chocolate chips or pieces
- Mix it All UpAt this point if the dough consistency is too dry and crumbly, add almond milk or water to moisten slightly
- Roll the Dough OutRoll equally sized balls of dough and place on parchment paper on tray. Remember to leave finger spaces between cookies
- Make Cookie ShapesSquash balls with a fork to flatten slightly.At this point add the remaining 20% chocolate pieces onto the tops of the cookies. It's now time to stick those cookies in the oven. Watch closely because they take about 8 minutes to bake! You should be able to smell them when ready and the edges of the cookies will turn a golden brown colour.
Notes And Other Recipe Recommendations
Gluten-free choc chip cookies pair well with a glass of milk. For a Dairy-free alternative, you can try my homemade almond milk Recipe or Coconut Milk Recipe.